Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Amalek

"Then the Lord said to Moses, 'Write this for a memorial in the book and recount it in the hearing of Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.' And Moses built an altar and called its name, The-Lord-Is-My-Banner; for he said, 'Because the Lord has sworn: the Lord will have war with Amalek from generation to generation.'” (Exodus 17:14-16 NKJV)

Amalek is the grandson of Esau, the twin brother of Isaac. Esau devalued his birthright at all and so Isaac blessed Jacob rather than the firstborn Esau. He became the burden to all especially to his parents and eventually as always to God. Prophet Malachi prophesied that God loved Jacob but hated Esau (Malachi 1:2-3). So, he became the symbol of flesh to his brother Jacob, the nation Israel. Amalek is one of the prominent figures among Edom’s descendants. The flesh is the seat of depravity and sin and God will blot out the trace of the flesh from under heaven. Until then, the Lord will have war with the Amalek from generation to generation. To individuals who are regenerated in Christ Jesus, Aamlek means the bodily desires and urges to sin. Although the human spirit has been cleansed and washed away once for all by the blood of Christ, the body has not yet been redeemed until the cessation of breath. This is a beautiful picture marvelously displaying that we are in a civil war inside against the flesh until the bodily redemption comes at the great trumpet call of angles. 

Apostle Paul nails down this truth, saying “But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.” (Romans 7:23-25 NKJV)






No comments:

Post a Comment