Sunday, July 20, 2014

A God Who Knows What He Does (Revelation 22:10-11)


“Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand. He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.” (Revelation 22:10-11 NKJV)

Why is not the planet of the most intelligent beings getting better and more peaceful ever? Why are still so many cries, anguishes, sorrows, aches, troubles, injustices, killings, revenges, abuses, stripes, cliques, disharmonies? Is there any answer for that? It is true individually, in community, in country, and globally. History proves it which no one can deny. Just read morning newspapers where you can find plenty of evidences how little are human’s moral changes and improvements seen and found. It is also true in ancient time, the first century, and even this age. Zero, sadly zero progress in history and little hope in the future and that’s the way it is.

What’s happening? At the close of the apocalypse, an angel told John these words: “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand. He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.” (Revelation 22:10-11 NKJV)

These words give us the revelation of the reason why the intelligent human society never changes at any degree and direction regardless of the brilliant technology enhancements. It reveals what is really going on in our midst throughout the centuries after centuries. At times like these days of inhumane conflicts and pointless losses all over the earth we are disturbed and frustrated, crying out to know what is really happening around us.

Sometimes, it seems too obvious to solve the problems. In fact, many a politicians and leaders in the respective fields boast about their abilities and capabilities that they could solve most of the problems only if everyone else follows their proposals and claims. If it turned out to be failing and most likely so, then they would blame others.

We often see that the bad guys are not treated the way it is supposed to be but look prosperous. Even if so, we see such a terrible slowness and sluggishness in accomplishing the justice. A psalmist expressed it exactly the same, saying:
“Truly God is good to Israel,
To such as are pure in heart.
But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;
My steps had nearly slipped.
For I was envious of the boastful,
When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
For there are no pangs in their death,
But their strength is firm.
They are not in trouble as other men,
Nor are they plagued like other men.
Therefore pride serves as their necklace;
Violence covers them like a garment.
Their eyes bulge with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish.
They scoff and speak wickedly concerning oppression;
They speak loftily.
They set their mouth against the heavens,
And their tongue walks through the earth.
Therefore his people return here,
And waters of a full cup are drained by them.
And they say, “How does God know?
And is there knowledge in the Most High?”
Behold, these are the ungodly,
Who are always at ease;
They increase in riches.
Surely I have cleansed my heart in vain,
And washed my hands in innocence.
For all day long I have been plagued,
And chastened every morning. (Psalm 73:1-14 NKJV)

It seems the world is upside down and goes in every way against our inner deep wishes—peace, honor, justice, righteousness, joy, and love. That’s what we see in the surface level of lives, a hollow understanding of life. Many a Christians do not see what is beyond the visible world. Just like the psalmist, we believe there is a God who created all things in head not in heart. That’s not the whole and perfect faith. What we truly believe is what we do not see, a God who reigns and rules according to His perfect plan and program. The agony of the psalmist doesn’t end with the heartaches and troubles, but leads him to find out the answer for the problems in God Almighty.

“If I had said, “I will speak thus,”
Behold, I would have been untrue to the generation of Your children.
When I thought how to understand this,
It was too painful for me—
Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
Then I understood their end.
Surely You set them in slippery places;
You cast them down to destruction.
Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment!
They are utterly consumed with terrors.
As a dream when one awakes,
So, Lord, when You awake,
You shall despise their image.
Thus my heart was grieved,
And I was vexed in my mind.
I was so foolish and ignorant;
I was like a beast before You.
Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You hold me by my right hand.
You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish;
You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry.
But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God,
That I may declare all Your works. (Psalm 73:15-28 NKJV)

The world we live now seems go nowhere and resists to change as the angel told John, saying “He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.” But it is unbiblical to think that we can build the worry-free and merry-go-round type of life on the earth. What we see in the midst of the tumultuous and unstrained times is a God who knows what He does and Him who rules all things, the future, the current, life, death, peace, justice, righteousness, joy, and love.

It is called the mystery of God which all Christians received through Christ Jesus the Lord who came into our hearts and indwells forever by means of the Spirit. “Christ in you, the hope of glory!” Christ upholds all things by the word of His power (Hebrews 1:3). “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.” (Colossians 1:15-17 NKJV)

“Truth forever on the scaffold,
Wrong forever on the throne,—
Yet that scaffold sways the future, and,
behind the dim unknown,
Standeth God within the shadow,
keeping watch above his own. – James Russell Lowell

No comments:

Post a Comment