Monday, October 21, 2013

On the Cross

On the cross, I find myself as a completely and totally unrighteous, powerless, helpless, defenseless, inadequate, lost, forsaken, alone, guilty, and condemned man.
On the cross, I see God's love which demolishes my unrighteousness, powerlessness, helplessness, defenselessness, inadequacy, loneliness, guilt, shame, despair, and condemnation completely and totally.
On the cross, my Lord Jesus Christ was crucified in my place, because God made Him who had no sin to be sin for me, so that in Him I might become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).
On the cross, I see the hope of glory that I am dead to sin and alive to God with confidence and boldness.
On the cross, just around the corner, I see the empty tomb, the evidence of our Lord Jesus Christ's resurrection.
On the cross, I enter the cessation of my old self in order to have a new, glorious, vital, exciting, vibrant resurrection life of Jesus Christ my Lord.
On the cross, I learn how and why to stop behaving like a man who is under curse in the name of Adam and begin acting like a man who is under grace in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord.
On the cross, God the Father vividly and plainly demonstrated His unchanging and unconditional love for me by giving out His only begotten Son Jesus Christ just as He promised in the Scripture.
On the cross, I see the hope of glory for humanity to be saved from the bondage of sin and death and condemnation.
This is my prayer all the days of life now and forever. "For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:2 NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment